MY MARKETIVA JOURNEY: A FOREX TRADER'S BLOG

Follow My Journey Into The Depth of FOREX, The Most Liquid Market In The World, using Marketiva!! This is my daily updates, my ups and downs, my striving to reach that pinnacle of success many men and women dream about: Financial Freedom Through Forex!



Thursday, October 13, 2005

Stacking Moving Averages

by Eko Prasetyo @ 7:37 PM

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usI have learnt that stacking moving averages with different period each is a good practice to predict where the market will go in given time.

Now, if I can combine that with stochastics, I can predict what should I do next.

From what I can read, the chart displayed upper right (click for larger) shows that GBP/USD is facing another forced SELL in the future because the short moving averages don't show a turning point, and the long moving averages tend to sway downward, and not upward. Both stochastics also show that there won't be any turning point just yet.

Just correct me if I'm wrong.

I think I need to learn how to do forecastings...can anyone where to look? I have done google, but haven't found what I'm looking for..

And I think MS Excel's moving average analysist tool is not any good...not yet for me, at least..



| My Diary | Join Marketiva| |